Monday, August 7, 2017

Crash Bandicoot Returns on Playstation 4


I will admit that growing up, my penchant was for Super Mario Bros and Sonic The Hedgehog. So, the PlayStation lineup didn't factor largely into my scope. But when it did, Crash Bandicoot was the one gaming title that stood out largest. I loved the multilayered and colorful worlds, the unique enemies and boss fights, and most of all the excellent platforming mechanics! So when I heard that Crash Bandicoot was getting a remake on the PlayStation 4, I was not expecting to get disappointed. However, one concern remained, Activision developing this remaster instead of Crash Bandicoots rightful creators, Naughty Dog Studios. However, my fears have been laid to rest upon sampling the gameplay.

Put simply, this remake gets everything right that a remaster is supposed to. The original shine and polish of Crash Bandicoot is here, but with a next generation coat of paint! The platforming is as addictive as ever. Even better, this game combines Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot Warped, into a single unified release, so you can get your Crash fix at any hour of the day or night! The only genuine improvement I could mention for Activision to consider is the necessary addition of Crash Bash. For fans of the Crash Bandicoot series, this game is a must purchase!




No comments:

Post a Comment